There’s no denying it: Technology is everywhere in the modern workplace. And businesses benefit from it. Workers and managers use desktop computers to do their work, smartphones to stay abreast of what’s happening within a company, and racks of servers to store encrypted data on business operations and customer's personal information, among other things Technology is everywhere you look in business. In fact, it's hard to find a business that doesn’t enjoy the advantages of technology.
But critics of technology down play technology as a business tool. To bolsters their arguments, they point to technology’s downsides. Sure, technology can distract and annoy workers, cutting dramatically into their productivity. It can also erode workers’ creativity and skills, making them lazy and disinterested. And it can eliminate co-workers’ interaction, hampering their ability to collaborate on projects and get things done. Put simply, technology isn’t perfect.
But the advantages of technology are so important to modern businesses that few companies can ignore it as a tool for growing a company and increasing profitability. Below are seven top benefits of technology that can increase a company’s profitability and growth:
1. Boosts organizational communication — Technology offers numerous communication benefits. It changes the way workers interact with each other, exchange information, address co-workers’ needs, and provide critical information to stakeholders. And with advancements like Rocketbook Wave, Mail Pilot, and Botiful, technology will continue to enhance the way workers communicate with each other anywhere in the world.
2. Spurs innovation and creativity — Technology helps employees think outside the box and implement new ideas. For example, today’s businesses use technology these days to promote themselves in new ways, like using social media to help interact with other employees and customers. Meanwhile, organizations use wikis to exchange information and encourage brainstorming on work-related issues.
3. Saves time and effort — Thanks to technology workers can do many tedious tasks faster and with less effort, saving time and work. For example, technology facilitates quick decision-making by enabling businesses to capture and store information in databases. Also, technology provides workers access to vital customer information via a single database, reducing customer service time.
4. Boosts worker mobility — Technology has virtually eliminated geographical barriers in the workplace. Smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices, free workers from their desks. In fact, workers can be almost anywhere in the world and still access critical information with help from the Cloud. Plus, mobile workforce management software give workers access to real-time work data while on the road.
5. Increases worker efficiency — Thanks to advanced technology workers can do things more efficiently and effectively than ever before. For instance, technology provides access to software templates that enable workers to get things done more efficiently. Advanced telephone systems, like Skype and other telephone transfer devices, streamline business communication. And technology tools like websites and social network sites make it easier to connect with customers and prospects.
6. Improves hiring and recruiting — Technology makes hiring and recruiting easier and faster for managers. Thanks to the Internet, organizations can spread the word about job at their companies quickly, which means they can hire replacements in record time. Plus, they can get the word out about openings worldwide. Meanwhile, managers can target candidates using the Internet instead of print media, then use personality assessments and screening tools to decide if they’re right for a job.
7. Boosts worker productivity — This benefit is perhaps the key to the advantages of technology as far as businesses are concerned. Technology allows workers to get more done in the same amount of time, which means companies need fewer workers and fewer resources, cutting costs and reducing payroll. In addition, tools like video conferencing and virtual office technology practically eliminate workplace and geographical boundaries, allowing people to get more done when away from their employers.
The above are just some of the advantages of technology for today's businesses. Additional benefits exist. And they all help today’s companies grow and prosper. Put another way, companies that use technology are more likely to be successful. They’re also are more likely to be profitable. Clearly, the advantages of technology far outweigh its downsides for businesses. With innovations like Rocketbook, technology will continue to reshape not just the modern workplace but the world as well.